Contact Us

Web-Site: www.haitihero.org                 E-Mail: info@haitihero.org

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm Back!!!


I recently completed 1.5 months of being absent from my blog!  I was quite disheartened that I didn’t receive any e-mails stating, “Where are you Steve, we miss your blog!”, or “Your blog was the best, why have you stopped writing?”  Alas, tears have been shed, and life must go on!

So much has happened in the past month that it is impossible to share it all here.  What I can tell you is that Haiti is steadily moving forward and making progress.  Partners in Health has nearly completed their teaching hospital in Mirebelais, the new 107 room Best Western is on its way to completion in Petion-Ville, and the Be Like Brit orphanage in Grand Goave has nearly completed the roof of their building that will house 66 orphans!  Despite all the negative media I am sure that you have heard over the past month, the reality is that great things are happening in Haiti, and I want to make sure that the positive message gets to the rest of the world!  Haiti is making progress!

At H.E.R.O. we are preparing for the final trimester exams that will take place the third week of June.  Our kids will take part in a rigorous summer program that will include learning English, Culinary Arts, Chess, Tailoring, Tennis, and Technology.  It is going to be a very busy summer for us and we are truly excited at all that we are able to offer our children.  Additionally, we recently enrolled 2 new orphans into our program.  Woldison and Woldjimy are 7 year old twin boys from the region of Artibonite.  It was a heartwarming experience watching our older boys help the younger ones acclimate to the H.E.R.O. House.  Makes me proud!

On a personal note, I have been hobbling now for the past 2 weeks.  I have injured my Achilles tendon and despite rest, ice, and lots of pills it has failed to heal properly.  As a result I have not been able to enjoy my morning tennis, and instead have succumbed to containers of freshly baked cookies.  Robenson put it best, “When Mr. Steve came here in 2010, his stomach wasn’t big like this.”  Thanks Robenson, he always knows the right words to make me feel better!  That’s it folks!  Until the next blog!

Sincerely,

Steven Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment